Thursday, June 21, 2012

SHOE FETISH

Absolutely everything about the shoe designer William Frawley's Soho loft sends me! Precocious as a child, Frawley was obsessed with drawing anatomically correct figures as early as three years of age. He later went to Parson's and over the last three decades amassed a "jaw-dropping" collection of nude studies and sketches mostly done between 1898 and 1907. We share the same passion for figurative works which is why I'm so drawn to this cabinet of curiosities.

Did I mention that in addition to the fabulous art and the myriad objects, Frawley also has a massive collection of vintage shoes and handbags-about 3400 to be exact. I'm certain I could move right in!

Photographer : LAURA RESEN for ELLE DECOR







1 comment:

  1. I remember reading that article and man that's a lot of shoes. Gorgeous apartment love the animal prints/hides.

    Happy first day of summer!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete