Tuesday, January 4, 2011

ETERNALLY GRATEFUL


Lillian Bassman

“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
G.K. Chesterton

As 2010 came to an end, I found myself experiencing an overwhelming sense of gratitude. To have weathered the last few years and still be standing is saying a lot…to have weathered those years and come through it feeling so very grateful still another. They say, “out of the worst things that ever happen to you the greatest gifts come.” That has most certainly been the case with this. I want to take the opportunity as the New Year begins to thank all those wonderful people in my life for all the many, many gifts they bring to my world, our world. They are many and I hesitate to name names lest I carelessly omit someone…but you know who you are!

Atlanta is an amazing design community in every aspect of the word. My peers continue to inspire me, push me and support me in my endeavors to be the best I can be. I received a call from Connecticut last week, from a woman saying how she is so amazed by the stellar group of designers working in this town. I concur and do not view it as competition but rather as camaraderie. But not only are our designers incredibly talented, our resources are myriad as well. So thank you to all the showrooms and their staff, the boutiques, and the workrooms! And to our skilled artisans and suppliers who continue to set the bar high and deliver!

How can I ever begin to express my gratitude to my incredible staff both past and present. Over the holidays (or any holiday for that matter), I realize how much they do and how much they mean to me. If I don’t remember to thank them daily, I want them to know that I go to bed every night and wake up every morning thanking God they are in my life!

To my clients, whatever can I say? Without you and your never-ending support, wherever would we be? You continually inspire me to create and allow me to be the best that I can be. I am so very fortunate to do what I love every single day of my life.

To my friends and family, my dear, dear friends and family…thank you for standing by me, laughing with me, holding my hand, wiping away my tears, and walking this path with me. I love you all!

And finally, to all of you reading this blog. I never imagined it would be so fulfilling! What began as a very simplistic endeavor has become the singular thing that expanded my horizons incrementally - these past months, forcing me to get outside of my box, introducing me to so many new people and therefore asking more of me than has been asked in a very long while. I am so grateful to have you in my life.

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. “
John F. Kennedy

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Beth!
    Very Well Said!
    Grateful to be a part of your life, for our friendship and to have the honor of working with you!
    Cheers.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never responding Peter! As you know I was out of the country! What can I say, but that I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life! The honor is all mine! xo

    ReplyDelete